Monday, October 18, 2010

Acorn Squash as a meal

Fall is here (finally!) and with the season I am reminded how much I like fall vegetables. One of my favorites is acorn squash.  So versatile!  Puree into a soup, cube and saute as a side, stuff, bake, and serve as a main dish...the sky is the limit.

One of my favorite ways of prepping this comes from the kitchn; a cooking blog that I always forget to check but often has good recipes. It is such a simple idea...cut a squash in half and prep one side sweet and one side savory.  Brilliant.  Also, the seeds can be roasted, just like a pumpkin's! This a great quick, cheap, and easy meal on a chilly Fall evening.


Sweet and Spicy Squash
How to roast seeds

Credits
Image: acorn squash a Creative Commons Attribution (2.0) image from shaferlens's photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP