Friday, October 15, 2010

Household Tips

Tips are great.  But I find myself overwhelmed when I try to remember all those handy little tips people pass along.  Invariably, I only remember them when I see someone else doing something smart.  Thank goodness for the Internet.
Tipnut.com

This is one of my favorite go-to sites for tips.  I don't feel so bad when I can't remember everything my mother and grandmother taught me anymore, it's all archived on this site.  It's like Google for household help.  Take that 7th grade Home Ec!



This short blog post inspired by last night's dinner guests who were shocked (shocked!) to see me using lemon and salt while washing the dishes.

  • Basic Morton's salt is what I use when I need a quick and easy scouring powder when doing dishes.
  • Lemon juice is what I use when I have deep stains that need to come out (like beet juice on a wooden chopping board)
  • Salt and lemon juice together is what I use to clean copper cheaply.

You know what? Tipnut knows all that too and more:
25 Household Uses for Salt
15 Helpful Household Lemon Aids

You might want to bookmark them.

Credits
Image: lemon tree a Creative Commons Attribution (2.0) image from Darwin Bell's photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP